Monday, February 21, 2005
Good Morning Conscience,
In recent times, if I woke up so early in the morning with a restlessness, it was due to the many earthquake shivers that shook my bed early morning or my upset stomach. But today morning it was my conscience, the guilt-ridden conscience. It did not let me sleep most of my Sunday night and I kept dreaming about those days-before-an-examination which were like a nightmare especially because I wasn't prepared for the exam. My most peaceful sleep before an exam during school and college were the nights when I had slept after giving my 100% in the preparations. Rest of the 10 years were restless nights. Last night was one such night.
So here's a resolution and a promise to this morning, that I WILL give my 100% and finish my long pending, long postponed tasks, my exams. And the preparations start NOW......
Things to work on and their deadlines.
1. Sun Java Programming Certification - Deadline 30th April 2005 (non-extendable)
2. The MS-Access project for the consulate - Deadline 25th Feb 2005 (extendable to 26th Feb
under unavoidable circumstances).
3. The insurance claim fax and follow-up - Deadline 25th Feb 2005 (non-extendable)
4. Close-off of insurance contract and dispatching the company material - Deadline 25th Feb
In addition, to straighten-up life and avoid further guilt ridden conscience, things to get disciplined on:
1. Pursue work-related learning and give exemplary results at work - Deadline 30th March
2. Resume Squash and Gym - No deadline, routine and mandatory part of the day.
Things to stop with immediate effect:
1. Lunch-time PC games till 30th April 2005- as it effectively takes away 1.5 hours of useful
time and may prove as a hurdle in pursuing the above deadlines.
2. Smoking - Its getting addictive, distractive and takes away quite an amount of the productive
3. Drinking till 30th April 2005 - as it has started affecting short-term memory which could
affect the exam preparations and also results in wasting the precious weekends.
Meeting these deadlines and getting over these tasks should give me that High that I have experienced a zillion times before, nothing tastes better than success. Last thing I want is the guilt again. Thanks to the laid-back-attitude and not listening to the conscience, I have done 4 significant mistakes already which has left a burden of guilt throughout my life and I do not want this number to become 5, do I ?
So, GO GET IT !!!
Remember your motto of life:
1. What a mind of a man can conceive, a man can achieve.
2. Always have a backup plan ready.
Thursday, February 17, 2005
Where have I been ?
Meanwhile, can somebody educate me on how do I BlogRoll other bloggers links on my blog ? As of now I have saved them under my favourites but like the idea of Blogrolling.
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
What stopped me so far from doing this ? Why a blog ?
Plain lazy. When I wrote my first essay in primary school, I was amused at how good it felt to pen down your thoughts. Years later, essay writing became a hobby clubbed with sketching and painting. Music came in as naturally and before I knew I could handle the flute as comfortably as the pen. Expressing your thoughts, emotions, imagination and just letting it out in a crystal clear form instead of letting it sink in and dissovle with time, caught my fancy. Everytime I expressed myself in either of these ways, I had a better clarity of thought, and a rejuvinated happiness to see things clearly. I had just found an alternative to star gazing maybe :).
Years later, in the hostel at university, speech, words became more dominating as I was surrounded with hundreds of people everyday writing, music, took a back seat. It was often done only in moments of distress when I was searching peace. Writing a diary never appealed to me somehow.
Years later, I find myself in a stage of life, where I have time for sports, music, family, creativity and writing :-). Been thinking of the best place to write and blog appeals to me finally. Cause I believe in learning and unlearning from things, every day has been a new day for me always. I contemplate and analyse a little too much. I have been reading so many blogs in the last year and also the comments, and i always find it good to hear other perceptions. So well, lets hope i am not lazy anymore and continue what I always wanted to do, writing....